Practice Mission Statement
Craneswater Group Practice prides itself as being part of the Southsea community, responsible for providing friendly, caring and timely medical services to all our patients.
Our vision is to offer safe and high quality patient-focussed care, delivered by a team of dedicated, professional and enthusiastic staff.
Confidentiality, compassion and continuity are at the heart of our practice ethos.
Information Regarding the Walk-in Service.
In order to protect our patients and staff as the corona virus spreads we have made the decision to suspend our walk-in surgeries until further notice. From Monday 16th March all patients that want to be seen should telephone the surgery. They will be offered a telephone appointment with a duty doctor to decide on whether they can be managed at home or need to be seen.
At present we are not cancelling routine appointments already booked but might have to consider this if the situation escalates.
We have made this decision after much consideration and would ask you all to bear with us during this challenging time.
Important information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
The NHS across Hampshire and Isle of Wight will be better prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases, if the public follows Public Health England advice.
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff which may mean your patient experience is subject to change.
The Chief Medical Officer announced on Friday 13 March that the country is moving into the ‘Delay’ stage of the response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
The new advice issued by the Chief Medical Officer is to stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature or
- a new continuous cough. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or a hospital. You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
- If you are part of the house hold you must at home for 14 days.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days. Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Information remains subject to regular change and updates. More information can be found on the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Think self care for life by increasing your health, knowledge and understanding of how to look after your own health.
Information on self care can be found by following this link https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/
Please click on the Latest News tab to find lots more interesting and helpful guidance on SELF CARE
GP Patient Survey
The results for the 2019 GP Patient Survey have been published and once again Craneswater Group Practice have scored highly.
Craneswater Group Practice has received an overall score of 93%, meaning that 93% of respondents would describe their overall experience of the practice as good. This is in comparison to a local average score of 76% and a national average score of 83%.
If you would like to view the full results for Craneswater Group Practice, please visit the GP Patient Survey website at www.gp-patient.co.uk
Thank you to everyone that took part in the survey.
Our twice yearly newsletter has just been published- please have a look at the latest edition
Please tell us what you think
You can give us feedback about your experience as well as read the comments other patients have made at the NHS Choices site. For Waverley Road Surgery click here and for Salisbury Road Surgery click here
Follow us on Twitter here for all the latest news about the practice
Information for Carers
Please see our Self Referral & Useful Links page for more information about services available locally for carers of people with long term health conditions
(Site updated 24/03/2020)